Well, there's not a whole lot to update on at the moment, and I suppose at this point, no news is good news, right?
Dan and I have enjoyed a little break from the girls the last 2 nights. Dan's parents have had the girls over, which they've done for us several times already since we've arrived in the area. It's great to see the girls developing close relationships with their grandparents, and it's a welcome break for Dan and me, too. Grandma keeps the girls busy, and they always sleep great when they're there.
I think the boys must be going through another growth spurt, or something, because I've been extra wiped out this week, taking several naps a day and tiring easily when I'm up and about. Sleeping at night has gradually gotten less restful, too. The last week or so I've only been able to sleep a little over an hour at a time -- then either my bladder or my hips bother me enough to warrant getting up and walking to the bathroom. I'm really excited these days if I get 2 hours at once. I guess it's all preparation for later. I think maybe because there are 2 babies on the bottom, but I'm also feeling terribly bottom-heavy. I keep turning to Dan with hands on my belly and asking "hey, can you carry this for me for a little while?" :) I'm sure that, more than ever, they're running out of room in there. It's funny to watch little bulges move across my belly when they're moving and stretching. It's also strange to be more vigilant about watching for signs of early labor. As time goes on, the possibility that I could go into labor becomes more real. And as much as I have moments when I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore, I know that these babies still need to grow and develop more. The longer they stay put, the less medical care they are likely to need after birth.
So, please, keep praying!! We trust that God holds these 3 in his hands, and continue to pray that I can carry them as long as possible. We are so blessed to be part of God's family, and feel his presence and peace, knowing that we are lifted up in so many of your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Kristen and Dan... thanks so much for keeping us posted on the happenings of your family... knowing that all is going well and that you are truly leaning on the Lord for all your strength right now is such a testament... very encouraging to the rest of us. Stay strong, and try to enjoy these last few weeks of 'calm'.
Trish
Thanks so much for the update! You are in our prayers for sure. Hang in there Kristen...I can't imagine how the 'bottom heavy feeling' must be and only sleeping a few hours at a time. You are a super mom already and have such a great attitude- if anyone is made for this it sure seems to be you.
Miss you!
We really appreciate your connections with us as you await the birth of your sons.
Love your visual of God holding your three boys in His Hands.I pray this may give much comfort as Dan cannot carry them 'just yet'.
Keep on resting as much as you are able.You are an amazing team!
With love Margarethe
Post a Comment