Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I seem to have lost my appetite...

We spent the day in Terrace today, which was lovely. While Dan and Joel spent the morning together, Abigail, Dana and I descended upon Ella, Naomi and Jacob. Abigail had tons of fun watching the older kids, and I enjoyed a day away from home. We were in the car on the way home, proud of ourselves for having left in time to get dinner on the table on time at home, planning on getting the kids in bed on time. Abigail and Dana were both sleeping peacefully, and I decided to take a snooze too. I woke up to the sound of Abigail whining, and turned around just in time to watch her toss her cookies. (She hadn't eaten lunch, which I thought was strange, but just chalked it up to being excited about being away...). Yuck. So, I had a clean shirt for her, so we pulled over to a rest area and stripped her down, put the clean shirt on, cleaned up the carseat as best we could, and kept on our merry way, with the faint scent of puke lingering in the air. It seemed that the most traumatic thing to Abigail was the fact that she puked all over her blankie and mom took it away. very sad. Well, that was only the first of 4 pukes between then and home. There were no more clean shirts, and I tried to get Abigail to puke into a cracker box, which was only partially successful. So we used up our whole travel pack of wipes trying to keep her somewhat clean. We get home, toss her in the tub, toss her blankie in the washer, get Dana fed & off to bed, and Abigail stuck in bed too, once her blankie was dry. About 15 minutes later, I hear Abigail cry. oh dear. I grabbed a bowl and ran for downstairs... she's leaned over her "baa" blanket (a blanket which, when folded properly, looks like a sheep... when unfolded, looks like a blanket with a sheep head attached to one edge and a tail to the other) puking again. Luckily, the blankie was spared this time. It's back to sleep for now, and hopefully that was the last of it. I left the bowl next to her bed just in case. I haven't had supper yet... but somehow... I seem to have lost my appetite. :)

No comments: