Wednesday, July 2, 2008

on the move!


I realized today that I have posted several Abigail stories and none of Dana!! :) Second child syndrome, I guess. Dana is growing like a weed. I haven't had her weighed in a while, but I have an appointment for her immunizations on Friday and they will weigh her there. But in the last few weeks, she has been wanting to move, move, move!! It started with leaning forward while sitting, and now she can get from sitting to her tummy. Once on her tummy, she can move all the way around as if she's anchored to the floor with her belly button!! Oh, and yesterday she managed to backwards crawl. :) So, I'm assuming that the forward crawl is not far off!! She constantly has her tongue on her bottom gum the last little while, so even though I can't feel anything, I'm thinking she must have some teeth trying to pop up. But her little constant open-mouth tongue face is pretty cute. Absolutely everything goes in the mouth... and with a big sister around, that gets even more interesting as Abigail tries to feed Dana things while I'm not looking. Another one of Abigail's favorite ways to terrorize Dana is while she's sitting up, Abigail will walk up, make sure I'm not looking, and push Dana backwards!! Abigail has earned her fair share of time-outs for doing this, but nothing seems to deter her. Just wait till Dana's big enough to fight back!!! Dana goes crazy in the exersaucer or jumperoo... Abigail always just kind of sat in them, Dana goes to town!! Jumping, rocking, giggling. She's a hoot to watch. At the moment she's got a mosquito bite on the tip of her nose, making her look a bit like Rudolph! So, there's a little update on Dano-banano (as her sister and I often call her).

No comments: