Wow, I'm suddenly way behind on this thing!!! It's been a busy few weeks. The Sunday I last posted, Abigail decided in the afternoon that she wanted to wear "big girl panties" around the house. I complied. We had been fighting the whole potty war, with Abigail simply wanting to assert her independence and say "NO!" every time I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty. So after several frustrating days, I simply decided to put the potty and the panties away for a while. Well, Abigail had found the panties in the closet and wanted a pair on. So I let her wear them. She promptly wet herself. I thought -- here we go again. I tried to put a diaper on her, and she threw a total fit. So I gave in, and put a clean pair of panties on her. She went on the potty a couple times, but when it was time for church and I tried to put her in a diaper, another tantrum followed. So I looked at her and said "you may wear your panties to church, but you may NOT wet in them!!" So I packed a plastic bag, an extra pair of panties and an extra pair of pants in the diaper bag, and off to church we went. To make a long story short, she has not let me put diapers on her since!! We have had a handful of accidents, but not many, considering! She's still wearing a pull-up at night, and has only been dry a couple of times, but as far as I understand, daytime dryness and nighttime dryness are often two different processes. I am SO glad to be changing fewer diapers!
We camped for a few days at Tyhee Lake Provincial Park nearby. We were a little suspicious about camping so close to home, but it was actually a lot of fun! Friends from church offered to park their travel trailer there for us for a few days. What a treat!! The first night was a little trying... Abigail could get out of bed, and was way too excited to sleep. But once we contained her, she fell asleep right away! The second night, we got smart and put her in the top bunk, where she couldn't get out, and she wasn't terribly happy about it but she fell asleep very fast.
Dana has learned to repeat certain sounds, so her latest thing is saying "uh oh!" :) It's very fun. I'm sure she has no idea what she means. But it's exciting to see her developing, and starting to respond to us in different ways. I'll try to get a video clip of her "uh oh" up here sometime. She also wants to stand. She can't pull herself up on things on her own, but if she holds my hands, then she can stand up, and then I usually put her next to the coffee table or the exersaucer, where she just stands, BEAMING, so proud of herself!! She's a total goofball. She's still pretty much only scooting backwards, not really crawling yet. And she seems to have forgotten how to roll over, which is really funny, because sometimes while she's sitting on the floor, she falls backwards and then just lays there on the floor and protests until someone helps her!
Anyway, that's just a little catching up on us these days. We have our moments of sanity, interspersed with lots of chaos! After all, there is a 2 1/2 year old ruling the roost. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment