I was running errands this afternoon, and stopped in a kitchen store in town to browse for a wedding gift. As the clerk was showing me the items the couple had on their registry, I had to keep half an eye on Abigail -- there were lots of breakable things at her level!! So she came to this display of teapots, and on the bottom shelf were animal-shaped ones. As she reached toward them, I said "Abigail, you may look, but please don't touch those." Her hand continued toward the teapots, and I said "Abigail, you look with your eyes, not with your fingers!" She looked at me for a split second, opened her eyes very wide, and leaned toward the teapots with her eyeballs stopping about 1/2 inch from them. I was trying to keep on my serious "mom means business" face, but the clerk burst out laughing and I couldn't hold it in. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
welcome to the world of blogging! I have been doing it for what seems like forever! its so neat to look back at all these memories you would have forgotten had you not written them down! your children are so precious!! and what a halrious story!
Post a Comment