My desire to be out and about is rapidly diminishing. It has a fair bit to do with my energy level, but increasingly has to do with self-consciousness as well!! As I suppose anyone can imagine, I feel extremely large and cumbersome. There's not much I can wear that's slimming these days. :) And, though I'll never understand this, strangers in public seem to feel free to make comments about and openly stare (scoop your jaw off the floor, stuff those eyeballs back in their sockets, please!) at my enormous belly. Okay, maybe I can understand the staring a little bit. It's not every day you see a very, very, very pregnant woman walking around, looking as if she is defying the law of gravity (shouldn't she tip forward??). I've heard my share of "whoa!!!", whether under someone's breath, or very purposely directed to my ears. "You must be due any day..." I respond explaining there are 3 babies in there, to which the response is, "you know, I thought you must be having more than 1!!" Another person took one look and said "must be triplets!!" I think he was a little shocked (and hopefully relieved) that he was right!
I just find it odd that people feel like they have to say something about it. I know it's something I would never do, so I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. It doesn't make me angry, or bother me that much, but it's definitely something I think about now before I go out.
Dan and I were kid-less again a couple nights this week, and kept meaning to check out the local pool one night(9-10 pm admission is a toonie). So I was waffling... wondering if enduring the stares (in a bathing suit no less!!) were worth it. We decided to go after all... and it was sooooo worth it. :) An hour in the water with no pressure on my back, hips, legs, or belly was pure bliss. It was sad to face reality climbing back out of the pool, feeling all that pressure return.
Anyway. Other than my hesitancy to go out in public, things continue to go well. We have another Dr.'s appointment on Monday, and hope to gain a better sense of how the next few weeks will unfold. We are also looking forward to visiting with some Smithereens who are in Abbotsford for various reasons. It's nice to have things to look forward to other than week markers and Dr.'s appointments! And, my mom is coming in 9 sleeps! :) So, we'll keep you posted, probably after Monday's appointment, and as always, appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hi Dan, Kristin and girls!
its been so great to hear about your journey! Because you are making it so far along in the pregnancy (congrats by the way!!) and the babies are getting larger (also congrats) does that mean your stay in Van will be shorter? were you counting on the babies being small and in need of nicu etc..because they are larger now does that mean things will be changeing (for the better) in terms of a hospital stay for the boys?
~praying for you lots and lots!
Chels
thanks Chelsey! Our stay in the area depends on when the boys make their debut and what kind of care they will still need after delivery. That said, yes, the longer they stay put, the better! One of my books on multiple pregnancies says that every day pre-term that these 3 stay in the womb equals an average of 3 days less in neonatal care. So it's a huge answer to prayer that we've gotten this far, and we still hope to hold out for a couple more weeks. The bigger and stronger they are, the less care they'll need after, and the sooner we can come home!! Hope you're all doing well... keeping up with your now-crawler!! :)
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your 'precious babies' journey these past months.
love & prayers...
gloria
I guess it's the sheer wonder of pregnancy that makes them look. One baby is awe inspiring I guess 3 is just extra awesome and worth taking a second look. So thankful things are going so well for you and the babies.
Post a Comment