Our darling boys are 2 weeks old today! Monday (my scheduled c-section date) came along and left me feeling very glad I didn't have to tough out those final 11 days of pregnancy. I'm feeling so much better now than I was in the first week following the boys' birth, and have been able to enjoy a few outings with my mom, Dan, and the girls. I'm glad to be recovering my energy, and thankful for relief of much of the strain my body was under. As anxious as I am at times to go home, I'm grateful for this transitional time to rest, build up my breastmilk supply (the pump is my friend, we spend several hours together over the course of the day and night), and spend time with Dan, the girls, and my mom. I know soon enough we will be home and immersed in the craziness of caring for 5 children ages 4 and under.
The girls are doing well, adjusting to the idea of having 3 baby brothers, although I'm sure the reality will not sink in for them till we're all together at home. Abigail has been talking more and more about going "back to our yellow house", so I know she's anxious to get home as well. In the meantime, we give thanks for all the blessings of the present moment!
2 comments:
thinking of you guys all the time.. thanks for updating so much with pics and on the blog..i love reading it... I remember having olivia 8 weeks prem and going to the nicu every day and how much time seemed to go by so slowly when i was in it.(and the pump was my friend too). and wanting to just start life with my baby at home.. i could not imagine having three there... wow... i can only imagine what your body has gone through.. and your emotions etc etc.. what a feat... thinking of you as your body recovers (kristen) and praying for patience and continual recovery for you and that your boys will in no time start to feed as well as any newborn!!!! now that olivia is 8 ... it is so hard to believe that time in the nicu which seemed so long was such a small fast blip in here life.... one day you will look back on this time and think the same... ha ha.. of course with three time will be much busier for you too... wow... your girls are gorgeoius too.. olivia has two dolls which she has both named abigal and dana.. and jonas and zander keep telling me that we need more dolls as there are three babies not one... that is a boy.. ha ha...
take care guys..thinking of you.
First, thanks so much for updating this so often! It takes a lot of work and time, and I know many people that appreciate it.
The boys look great! They are adorable too (as are your little girls). So glad to hear the boys are doing so well too. Praise God. Kristen, glad to hear your recovery is going well and you are feeling better, you look WONDERFUL!
Love from Crete,
The Sluiter's
Mike, Jenna & Jacob
Post a Comment